You are invited to submit proposals for contributed papers and posters for the 2016 SC/MLA 66th annual meeting October in Greenville, SC on October 2-6. The meeting will be held at the Westin Poinsett in downtown Greenville.
This year's theme is Re-Think IT: The Evolving Landscape of Libraries.
Check the conference website (http://uscm.med.sc.edu/scmla2016) for full meeting details. As plans are finalized, find up-to-the-minute information there. Meanwhile, please consider submitting a proposal for a poster or a paper.
Proposals should relate to:
- Innovative services, programs, or technology
- Transforming & Re-designing Space
- Research & Data Management
- Assessing and evaluating services
- Community Outreach & Information Literacy Programs
- Patient Care, Improving Outcomes & Patient Safety
Submit two copies of the structured abstract (300 word maximum) using the format at MLA's Research Section information on creating a structured abstract: http://research.mlanet.org/wp/structured-abstract/.
* Include a list of authors, their institutional affiliations, email addresses, and telephone numbers with the first copy of the abstract.
* The second copy will be used in a blind review process and must not include any specific information that would identify authors or institutions.
* The deadline for submitting abstracts is June 24, 2016. Authors will be notified of acceptance by August 12, 2016.
* Additional information (i.e. time, location, setup instructions, etc.) will be sent with acceptance notification. Those presenting in Greenville must be registered for the meeting.
Both posters and papers will be evaluated on originality, innovation, organization and clarity of presentation, as well as relevance to the meeting's theme.
To submit your abstract:
Papers: Email abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org using a Word attachment. You will receive a confirmation receipt within 2 business days.
Posters: Email abstracts to email@example.com using a Word attachment. You will receive a confirmation receipt within 2 business days.
If you have questions, please contact Gregg Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org (papers) or Kelsey Leonard at KLeonard@mc.utmck.edu (posters).