|As Katy Perry once sang "Baby, you're a fiiirework/sign up for some CEEE classes"|
As the year comes to a close and you are turning up the A/C so you can bundle up in blankets in front of the Yule Log playing on your television (yes, it's too hot to bundle up without A/C but we still feel like getting in on the holiday festivities), are you thinking about your New Year’s Resolutions?
Instead of setting resolutions we know we won’t keep past February ("cut back on the coffee" won't last past the first day of caffeine withdrawal and we all know it), why not set a resolution that is easy to keep and actually fun to do? Sign up for some continuing education classes and webinars!
To make it even easier to keep this resolution, here’s some upcoming learning opportunities we found for January. As always, if you plan on attending interesting classes or webinars that you don’t see posted here, please let us know in the comments below!
- 1/9-2/6 From Snake Oil to Penicillin: Evaluating Consumer Health Information on the Internet (5 week online class)
- 1/10 OMHRC Knowledge Center: Minority Health Information Resources and Health Statistics (1 hour online)
- 1/11 Teaching Topics: Classroom Assessment on the Fly (1 hour online)
- 1/11 Assessing Community Needs and Assets: Key Data Collection Strategies for Planners and Grant Writers (1 hour online)
- 1/12 What is Bioinformatics Librarianship? (1 hour online)
- 1/13 PubMed and Beyond: Clinical Resources from the National Library of Medicine (1.5 hours online)
- 1/17 New Roads to Follow: Supporting and Advocating for Data Visualization in the Library (1 hour online)
- 1/18 Data Science 101: An Introduction for Librarians (1 hour online)
- 1/19 PubMed for Librarians: Introduction to PubMed (1.5 hours online)
- 1/25 PubMed for Librarians: MeSH (1.5 hours online)