|On your mark...Get set...LEARN!|
Are you trying to brush up on your mad medical librarian skills before MLA’s annual conference in May? Or did Spring just suddenly make you feel excited about learning new things again?
Well, as your first-grade teacher once said, it’s time to put on your learning hats, screw in your listening ears, and pop in your watching eyes (wow, first-grade teachers can be gruesomely graphic!), because we’ve got some great learning opportunities for you!
NN/LM Online Workshops:
- May 2nd-May 30th From Snake Oil to Penicillin: Evaluating Consumer Health Information on the Internet
- June 6th-July 25th Health & Wellness @ the Library: The Essentials of Providing Consumer Health Services
- April 25th Activate, Collaborate, And Educate: Health Outreach and Programming in Your Community: Nutrition Program Ideas for Families
- April 26th Not Just for Geeks: Let Technology Be Your Guide
- April 27th Disaster Health Information Sources: The Basics
- April 27th DOCLINE: Borrow & Lend
There’s a new PubMed for Trainers! Given how fast these classes go (July’s class has a waitlist), I recommend registering right now!
- PubMed for Trainers October 18-27th, with the final session in Bethesda, MD
Ariel Pomputius is a Health Sciences Liaison Librarian at the University of Florida. Recently she found out that she will be an official MLA tweeter (Early Riser division) at the annual conference in Toronto, so follow her on twitter @ArielPomputius for MLA morning activity updates! When she isn't posting adorable pictures of conference therapy dogs on her twitter, she is running her rescue pup's instagram account. Yes, apparently she is one of THOSE people.