This award allows for a current member of the SC/MLA, who has never been to an SC/MLA annual meeting, to attend with funding. Funding is designed to pay for registration, travel, accommodation, meals, and one (1) CE course.
The applicant must:
- Be a current SC/MLA member in good standing (non-student)
- Answer the question: "What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the SC/MLA annual meeting?"
- Attach a letter of support from an administrator demonstrating a genuine need for financial aid due to lack of institutional travel support or adequate salary support
- Register for and complete one (1) CE course
- Attend all sessions of the SC/MLA Annual Meeting, including the business meeting
- After the meeting, submit a brief (250-300 word) report about the meeting which will be published in Southern Expressions
- Attach a final expense report to the above-mentioned report. Conference registration and CE registration for one course will be waived. The expense report should include receipts for travel, accommodation, and meals.
Scholarships will be limited to one person per institution per year.
The Honors & Awards Committee will have the responsibility for deciding whether applicants meet the criteria and for awarding the scholarships.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Chair of the Honors & Awards Committee.
Remember, the deadline has been extended to July 1! Please send applications to the Chair of the Honors & Awards Committee.